Tanya over at Rattle and Mum (and Dear Max) posted these questions, so I figured I’d borrow them and let you in on what 2013 held for me.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
I got 2 Diplomas (Psychology and Human Resources Management) – both passed with Distinction.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t think I made any, but I definitely have a few for 2014.
3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
With Ladybug, probably dreaming of the awesomeness 2014 holds.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes – my Gran 🙁
5. What countries did you visit?
Australia (we were still there in January)
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
Self belief, a 6 pack and a bikini body!
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
28 July – it was Walk the Talk and the start of the insanity that has resulted in my running my first half marathon in less than 2 weeks (eeeeeekkkkk)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
There are a few, getting my Diplomas, finishing my first 10km race, starting my dream job, letting go of negativity and people who do not add to my life. Also raising a strong willed, determined, helpful, caring and amazing little Ladybug.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Loving and trusting someone with every part of my heart only to be caught up in his web of schizophrenic lies.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes – German Measles *sigh* and shin splints
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Ladybug bought me a new pair of running shoes – she used my card to technically I guess I bought them 🙂
12. Where did most of your money go?
Paying bills, Ladybug and nappies… Oh the nappies how I look forward to the day you no longer feature in my life!
13. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Britney Spears – Work B*tch
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Sheltered Ladybug from the cruelty of the world, the necessary evils like loss and death. Its part of life, but I still think every parent wants to protect their children from that.
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Hold on to who I used to be, instead of just letting go and enjoying the ride I’ve been on for the last 5 months!
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
Junior Master Chef, Master Chef Australia, NCIS and Grey’s Anatomy.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
To hate someone means you still have feelings for that person(s), its far less energy sapping to ignore their existence than it is to hate because let’s be honest, they probably not hating you and you wasting all this energy hating them. Simply move on and carry on with life.
18. What was the best book you read?
Book? One book? Seriously?? Probably How to Mend a Broken Heart by Nadine Raal (A local author – it pulled at my heart as a mother and I did the ugly cry many times)
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Mumford and Sons – until I saw their music video, now I think they a bunch of twisted Hill Billies!
20. What was your favourite film of this year?
The Hobbit – that counts as this year right? Its only just been on DSTV.
21. What did you do on your birthday?
Cleaned the house, spent the day with Ladybug and worked that night – it was a hang on to your G-string kind of thrilling… Right?
22. What kept you sane?
Nothing… I was declared insane a few years ago and it was confirmed again with all the kms I clocked up by running.
23. Who did you miss?
My Mom, my Grandparents (especially now) and my voice of reason (Sarah)
24. Who was the best new person you met?
Me – well the new me
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
What ever goal you set for yourself, you can achieve it, it doesn’t matter how insane it may seem at the time and how many people try and talk you out of it, you are the only one standing in the way of achieving that goal! Believe in yourself and you’ll be amazed at how truly awesome you are!
Bring on 2014, bring on the awesomeness, the insanity, the tears, the tantrums, the proud mommy moments, the potty training, the lack of sleep, the aching body… I’m ready for them and I can’t wait to embrace every single one of them.
Hugs & Kisses
(Posted via BB so excuse all errors)